Wednesday, September 17, 2014

An addition to one of my favorite series!

Novel: Luck of the Draw  Xanth Series #36
Author: Piers Anthony
Publisher: Tor Books
Pages: 400
Source:  I purchased

Bryce is a Mundane (regular human) who gets transported to the magical land of Xanth to partake in a quest for the hand of the fair Princess Harmony.  Here's the thing:  He's 80 years old and she's 18!  It's okay though, because he is youthened to the age of 21 to compete against the five other members vying to marry the lovely princess who does not want to marry any of them!  This story takes us back to the punfully marvelous land of Xanth and brings back characters from the past as well as new characters with all kinds of twists and turns for a delightful read.

I LOVE this series!!!  It is one of my all time favorites and I have almost all of them.  They are very engrossing and page turners!  I could reread this series over and over again and never get bored.  Also, I love the way the land of Xanth is shaped like the state of Florida!  I'm sure it makes a difference that this is where Mr. Anthony lives. :)  I started reading these books when I was in high school and haven't stopped.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not familiar with this author. Sounds like an author I need to pick up and read.

    ReplyDelete